Our broad expertise in most areas of corporate, commercial and property law, enables us to render the highest quality commercial legal advice to a broad range of domestic and multi-national clients. Our department, comprising experienced and open-minded attorneys, chartered accountants, notaries, conveyancers and tax practitioners, renders services including:
- Negotiating, drafting, implementing and interpreting commercial agreements that are extremely varied in their nature to a commercial client base that reaches all areas of the commerce spectrum.
- Mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and strategic alliances, business reorganisations and restructurings, SMME business, commercial advice and structuring, corporate governance and BEE transactions.
- Advice on, and professional assistance with, the incorporation of juristic entities, including all types of trusts, takeovers of existing entities and the personalisation thereof, the preparation and registration of all corporate documentation, including, memorandum of incorporations, company resolutions, shareholders’ agreements, loan agreements, liquidation and sequestration applications, buy/sell agreements and share acquisition agreements.
- Tax advice from our registered tax practitioners on all transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, transactions involving offshore entities, corporate group restructurings, foreign loan approvals and exchange controls, the structuring and restructuring of corporate and shareholder’s loans, declaring of dividends, voluntary and compulsory sequestrations and de-registrations.
- Cross-border advice to companies at a strategic level and managing the implementation of complex transactions both domestically and internationally.
- Corporate financial management, including the supervision of auditors/accounting officers/bookeepers in the preparation of annual financial statements, conducting of audits and forensic audits and the day to day financial management of corporations.
- Comprehensive statutory company secretarial services.